Minor Recommendations.

Developer
Jun 7, 2010 at 3:01 AM
Edited Jun 10, 2010 at 2:44 AM
  • From the wiki article on coupons, it looks like there is no link from the main bvcms to the coupons page? Since the article indicates to login with /coupons appended to the URL?
  • From the wiki article it looks like there is not a link to download the CmsCheckin program from BVCMS without using the URL. Would be nice to have a link in BVCMS.
  • From the wiki article it looks like it is a manual process to edit lookup tables - would be nice to integrate this into the UI.

Not Issues/Resolved:

• When one searches for a person, the resultant dialog has "Da Car" prepopulated - be nice to remove this.
  • In the Add Members dialog First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, Email are all prepopulated - would be nice to remove this.
  • Is the wiki article on conversation from an Access 2.0 to 2007 database still relevant?
Coordinator
Jun 7, 2010 at 4:06 AM
That's in debug mode so I don't have to type all that stuff in every time.
I'll see what I can do.

Developer
Jun 9, 2010 at 2:51 AM

ahhh...so when I turn off debugging it won't auto-populate that data?

Dave.

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2010 at 2:58 AM
There is a #if DEBUG conditional compile for that. There is a dropdown in VS for Debug vs Release. Also, If you change the symbol DEBUG to DEBUG2 or something other than DEBUG it will also disable that.
Coordinator
Jun 9, 2010 at 3:07 AM
Edited Jun 12, 2010 at 2:39 PM
The Access 2007 stuff is just for doing a conversion from another database. I have Access 2007 and a lot of time churches will send me a different version of an mdb file. The wiki article is there for my benefit because I can't seem to remember how to do it. Every time I have to re investigate it. Now, it's in a convenient spot.

The coupon page requires a user to be in a role called Coupon before it will show up. The URL is site/Coupons.

The CmsCheckin program has to be custom compiled for each church the way I have it programmed now. I need to figure a better way to deliver that. We have five churches using that now.

You can edit lookup tables by going to Admin -> Lookups. I'll update the wiki