Minor Recommendations.

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:01 AM
Edited Jun 10, 2010 at 3:44 AM
  • From the wiki article on coupons, it looks like there is no link from the main bvcms to the coupons page? Since the article indicates to login with /coupons appended to the URL?
  • From the wiki article it looks like there is not a link to download the CmsCheckin program from BVCMS without using the URL. Would be nice to have a link in BVCMS.
  • From the wiki article it looks like it is a manual process to edit lookup tables - would be nice to integrate this into the UI.

Not Issues/Resolved:

• When one searches for a person, the resultant dialog has "Da Car" prepopulated - be nice to remove this.
  • In the Add Members dialog First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, Email are all prepopulated - would be nice to remove this.
  • Is the wiki article on conversation from an Access 2.0 to 2007 database still relevant?
Jun 7, 2010 at 5:06 AM
That's in debug mode so I don't have to type all that stuff in every time.
I'll see what I can do.

Jun 9, 2010 at 3:51 AM

ahhh...so when I turn off debugging it won't auto-populate that data?

Dave.

Jun 9, 2010 at 3:58 AM
There is a #if DEBUG conditional compile for that. There is a dropdown in VS for Debug vs Release. Also, If you change the symbol DEBUG to DEBUG2 or something other than DEBUG it will also disable that.
Jun 9, 2010 at 4:07 AM
Edited Jun 12, 2010 at 3:39 PM
The Access 2007 stuff is just for doing a conversion from another database. I have Access 2007 and a lot of time churches will send me a different version of an mdb file. The wiki article is there for my benefit because I can't seem to remember how to do it. Every time I have to re investigate it. Now, it's in a convenient spot.

The coupon page requires a user to be in a role called Coupon before it will show up. The URL is site/Coupons.

The CmsCheckin program has to be custom compiled for each church the way I have it programmed now. I need to figure a better way to deliver that. We have five churches using that now.

You can edit lookup tables by going to Admin -> Lookups. I'll update the wiki