Wiki Draft: Getting BVCMS to Work with VWD 2010 and .NET 4.0.

Developer
Jun 2, 2010 at 3:57 AM
Edited Jun 11, 2010 at 4:43 AM
  • Open the project in VWD 2010.
  • Proceed through the project conversion process.
  • Allow the project to upgrade to .NET 4.0.
  • Right-click on "Solution Items (unavailable)" in Solution Explorer and choose Remove.
  • Right-click on "PostBundle (unavailable)" in Solution Explorer and choose Remove.
  • Open ConnectionStrings.config in the Config folder and edit the CMS and CMSImage connection strings.
  • Open Authentication.config in the Config folder and change the authentication mode to "Forms".
  • Add a reference to System.Web.ApplicationServices to CMSData and to CMSPresenter.
Coordinator
Jun 2, 2010 at 4:07 AM

I'll have to check but I don't think we use CmsWebService anymore (it is incorporated into CmsWeb) and Prayer is no longer a separate web site so it should not be needed anymore either.

CmsWeb does not depend on TakeUploadPicture as a reference but it does launch it if it is installed on the client.

The .sln file should handle all dependancies automatically if the references are properly set. In other words, the build order will be done correctly automatically.

I need to see what you are seeing. Just had a church using Visual Studio 2008 Pro download the source and build it with no problems at all. So evidently I need to convert to 2010 to avoid the angst going on here.

Developer
Jun 10, 2010 at 2:42 AM

I see both CmsWebService and Prayer are now gone! Woohoo!

Still some issues with VS 2010/.NET 4.0 launch. I've updated the process above.

Dave.