Admin Settings Questions:

Developer
Jun 1, 2010 at 3:18 AM

As a "new user" here are some settings I'm unsure what they do. Can someone provide me with a brief sentence description of these settings:

• DefaultHost?
  • GODisciplesx?
  • NewPeopleManagerId?
  • QAServer?

Thanks!
Dave. 

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2010 at 12:18 PM
  • DefaultHost is the URLused for constructing links to tasks and logins in emails sent to other users by the system. I can compute the URL easily enough but since our database at Bellevue is accessible from an inside, behind the firewall domain and also from outside the firewall, I needed a definitive way to say which domain should be used when generating links inside emails. Thus the DefaultHost is used to cause the links to go to the outside entry regardless whether it was originated by a user on the inside or not.
  • NewPeopleManagerId is the PeopleId of the user designated as the owner of all tasks automatically generated by the system when a new person is added. This person is responsible for making sure the appropriate department vets the data, making sure it is not a duplicate record, etc. Finally this person will complete the new person task by changing the MemberStatusId from "Just Added" to "Not Member".
  • QAServer is the URL for a third party Address verification web service. We use Experian QAS services, thus the QAServer name.
  • GODisciples is a discipleship community site built into BVCMS. It is a blogging site which allows leaders to setup a blog (private or public) to invite their disciples to join. It is used by small groups, Sunday school classes, or other ad hoc groups. In the settings area, there are a number of settings related to this service. More on that later...
Developer
Jun 12, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Thanks. I updated this page with the appropriate definitions: http://wiki.bvcms.com/Settings.ashx

Now I have a few more :)

• What is BFClassOrgId?
  • What is CheckRemoteAccessRole?
  • What is MaxExcelRows?
  • How does ImpersonatePassword work?
  • What is the url for the registration form (I see regheader, etc. but no form url?)
  • What is VBS?
  • What is the url for the volunteer form?
Coordinator
Jun 12, 2010 at 10:07 PM
Edited Jun 12, 2010 at 10:08 PM
  • I have no idea what BFClassOrgId is. It is not used anywhere. BF = Bible Fellowship
  • CheckRemoteAccessRole is supposed to allow you to turn off the prevention of Users who have Role "NoRemoteAccess" from login in via Forms Authentication. It would only be used if had Active Directory authentication inside the church and Forms Authentication outside the church. Not actually being used currently but the code to do so is there.
  • MaxExcelRows is an integer which prevents (in our case) someone from running a query with 160,000 rows (the entire database) and trying to export that to Excel. This limits how many rows can be exported at a go.
  • The URL for registration is site/Register or site/Register/Inside (plan to phase this out and replace with OnlineReg.
  • VBS stands for Vacation Bible School. I think I have removed most of these references and replaced any functionality with generic.
  • The volunteer form must be set up. You have to construct an HTML treeview of checkboxes and names of things to volunteer for. This is stored in a Special Content record. Basically it will enroll a person into an org under a small group with the thing they volunteerd for. Also there is a way to have them commit for future volunteer dates too. Lots of complexity. We use it to manage all of our ministries with volunteers and email them reminders of when they have committed. Have not had any time to document this. Will eventually.